Precept Africa Terms and Conditions as of 2017.
Precept was started in 1970 in the United States by Jack and Kay Arthur. Today it is an international organization active in nearly 190 countries and more than 90 languages, with headquarters in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Precept started in South Africa in 1990 under the direction of Ken and Sheila Coleman, later taken over by Stuart Kemsley, in 2006. This office has its headquarters in Pinelands in the Western Cape and is responsible for the work in Africa.
Should you want to know more about our Bible Study courses or Training Workshops, please contact the Precept office and we will be happy to give you more information.
187 Ringwood Drive,
+27 21 531 1836
Making A Purchase
When placing your order, please take into consideration that the lead time is 15 working days. Every effort is made to effect shipment of your order timeously and well within this period; however, unforeseen circumstances may cause delays.
1. We reserve the right to modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
2. We reserve the right to change these Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part of) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
3. We will use our reasonable endeavours to maintain the Website. The Website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website due to circumstances beyond our control.
Shipping And Handling Terms and Conditions
Please ensure the correct delivery address is provided and that someone will be available to sign and receive the parcel upon delivery which takes place during normal working hours.
Occasionally packages are returned to us undeliverable. Should this event take place every attempt will be made to contact you to make arrangements for re-shipment. You will be liable for a 15% handling fee & the additional costs of
When you click to make a purchase with us legal obligations arise and your right to refund of monies charged to your credit card or paid in any other way agreed by us, are limited by our terms & conditions. You must not make any purchase through this site unless you understand and agree all our terms and conditions. Once payment is made for the purchase, it is deemed that you have read and understood the terms and conditions for such purchase. If you have any queries please contact us before making any purchase for any service through this website.
Back Orders We are unable to offer a Back-Order Facility at this time
Tax Charges For orders made from RSA, 15% VAT is added. All other orders are VAT free.
Credit Card Security
1. Virtual Card Services process all credit card transactions. All credit card transactions are 128 bit Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encrypted. The company registration documents and the site’s registered domain name are checked and verified by Thawte, ensuring the cardholder and merchant that nobody can impersonate VCS to obtain confidential information.
2. Virtual Card Services is committed to providing secure online
services. All encryption complies with international standards.
Encryption is used to protect the transmission of personal information when completing online transactions. Virtual Card Services Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
3. The Merchant does not have access to credit details.
4. Virtual Card Services continually reviews and enhances its security in line with technological changes.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with the Website. We may investigate any reported violation of these Conditions or complaints and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website).
The Conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our sole discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions.
Disclaimer of Warranty
The contents of this site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a purpose and non-infringement.
The owner of this site, the authors of these contents and in general anybody connected to this site in any way, from now on collectively called “Providers”, assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in these contents.
The Providers further do not warrant, guarantee or make any representation regarding the safety, reliability, accuracy, correctness or completeness of these contents. They shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, general, special, incidental or consequential damages (including -without limitation- data loss, lost revenues and lost profit) which may result from the inability to use or the correct or incorrect use, abuse, or misuse of these contents, even if the Providers have been informed of the possibilities of such damages.
The Providers cannot assume any obligation or responsibility.
The use of these contents is forbidden in those places where the law does not allow this disclaimer to take full effect.
Should you for any reason wish to cancel your purchase you will be liable for a 15% handling fee. You must advise us in writing of your cancellation and any such cancellation must be signed by the person who made the original purchase. The goods must be returned to us undamaged in the original packaging within 14 calendar days.
* Note: Precept South Africa recommends that you use Speed Services Couriers (South African Postal Services) for all returns as it offers shipment tracking through a 24 hours customer helpline. Should you choose to use a carrier that does not offer a tracking facility and the goods are lost then no refund or return will be considered.
International customers should make use of a courier that offers:
1. Shipment tracking.
2. Insure your package for safe return and declare the full value of the shipment failing which loss or damage will be for your account.
Payment Options and Pricing
All transactions will be processed in South African Rands (ZAR).
Precept South Africa endeavours to offer you competitive prices on current products; you’re total order price will include the price of the purchase plus any applicable sales tax and shipping charges (on the day of shipping).
Precept South Africa reserves the right to change pricing at any time without prior notice.
Should Precept South Africa reduce its price on any shipped products within 10 working days of shipment, you may contact us and request a refund of the difference between the price you were charged and the reduced selling price.
To receive the refund you must contact us within 14 days of shipment.
We accept MasterCard and Visa credit cards. If you do not have a credit card please utilise one of the other payment options, or simply log off and return to the site at a later time to complete your order. All of your order details will be saved online under in the Your Account section available for use whenever you’re ready! Sorry for the inconvenience.
Account Name : Precept Ministries
Bank : Standard Bank Pinelands
Account No. : 078 172 810
Branch No. : 036 309
You may pay for your products through a direct deposit. It’s exactly the same as doing an EFT payment, except you’ll have to go into your bank and physically make your direct deposit there.